Respite providers at PlayDate Behavioral Interventions are responsible for overseeing in-home and center based respite sessions. Responsibilities therein may include engaging in play, prompting social interactions, feeding clients based on dietary restrictions, and following in-home daily routines (bathing, meals, putting to bed, etc.). Respite staff are responsible for being aware of their own schedules and making it to scheduled appointments punctually. If there are any issues with scheduling, transportation to a home, or best practices in the interest of clients, respite workers are to report to the respite coordinator/scheduler in person or via the respite line. Respite workers do not schedule appointments; all scheduling is done by the respite coordinator/scheduler. Any cancellations or appointments to be scheduled need to be communicated to the respite coordinator/scheduler. The safety and well-being of PlayDate’s clients and their families is the responsibility of the respite worker during any respite session. While ABA principles may be employed during a respite session, the sessions should not include programs, as the primary focus of respite is to provide a safe, appropriate, play-oriented environment for our clients. Finally, respite sessions should be client-focused sessions wherein all employees of PlayDate provide the highest quality service possible.
Hiring qualified candidates to work as ABA therapist in the home, community, and clinic settings. The position offers supervised experience under a BCBA for qualified candidates. On-going training and supervision is provided to all staff. Responsibilities The ABA Therapist will report to a Team Leader and Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA) and will:
- Provide behavioral and academic support
- Implement goals and programs as directed by the Behavior Analyst
- Work with other specialists and parents to implement goals and objectives
- Maintain accurate and consistent data on all designated programs
- Meet regularly with team to discuss clients
- Attend staff meetings and trainings
- Manage a flexible schedule
- Complete independent training work Qualifications
- Bachelors Degree in related field (Psychology, Special Education, etc)
- Background check, CPR/First Aid
- Must be able to work evenings and weekends
- Demonstrate knowledge of special education practices
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be flexible, creative, and demonstrate strong organizational skills
- Must be highly motivated and self-directed
- Must have own transportation and be willing to transport clients if needed Please email your resume or letter of interest detailing related experience.
We are always interviewing qualified candidates for BCBA, BCaBA, and Senior Therapist positions. If you have 2+ years experience with ABA and/or have begun your coursework for certification, please email your resume,cover letter, and your Application detailing your experience.