Join the Team
Become a part of a team that is passionate, team-oriented and driven.
Healthcare Claims Specialist
We are looking for an experienced professional for our busy nonprofit agency to request prior authorizations from health insurance companies, follow-up on denied claims, collect information from families, and maintain records. We provide services to children with disabilities in Colorado Springs and surrounding areas. This position reports to several Directors. Our company culture is client-oriented, high-production, established successful nonprofit. The dress code is business casual.
- 2-3 years experience in a high-pressure, deadline-oriented executive environment
- Intermediate to advanced MS Office/Excel, calendaring, insurance verifications, medical authorizations
- Experience requesting authorization for services from a variety of funding sources including private insurance, Medicaid, nonprofit grants/awards
- Resolve denied claim issues
- Proven clear thinker, well-organized, level headed, solution-oriented
- Self-starter, efficient, productive, works well with a team
- Positive and friendly attitude
- Perform duties using Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Support the Directors and Admin Team
- Request authorizations and submit required documentation
- Verify benefits for service
- Communicate with clients, funding sources, and staff
- Ensure communications are sent and responded to timely
- Filing and archiving
This job description is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, we reserve the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed.
- Paid Ongoing training
- Culture of collaboration
- Recognition for your hard work through Agency-specific social media where employees earn points towards gift cards of your choosing
- Competitive Salary
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance - 75% of medical premium PAID BY AGENCY
- Retirement - Agency contributes up to 3% of gross annual salary even without employee contribution
- Life Insurance - 100% of premium PAID BY AGENCY
- Paid Leave for all employees regardless of part-time or full-time - up to 80 hours per year
$17.00 - $20.00 per hour
- Bonus pay
Ability to commute/relocate
- Colorado Springs, CO 80918: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Prior Auths: 1 year (Preferred)
- Insurance verification: 1 year (Preferred)
6050 Erin Park Dr, Colorado Springs, CO 80918
Apply to Join the Team
Download and complete the Application & Availability forms. We've included our benefits overview for reference as well.
Complete the form below and upload the application form, availability form, and your resume.